Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Of Irish Musicians

I've broken my own promise that i'll shan't make a blog until i've got my bloody pc reformatted and renewed. Because i can't help the fact i wanna share this freakin' creative vid of Fionn Regan's song "Be Good or Be Gone". I was bored one night so i went through Ray LaMontagne's myspace page to see if there were new songs uploaded. Though i was pretty sure that nothing was up. The man is hardly on. I also think that it's not him who manages that site. Don't think he's a myspace kinda guy. Heh.

Anyhow, i realized that he has Damien Rice on his first top friend's list. And hei, i was a regular fan of Damien myself. So i visited his site. And to my surprise, he has The Frames on his list!! Heck, The Swell Season, an album by Glen and Mar was there too. Glen Hansard is the guitarist/vocalist for this Irish band, The Frames(the one mentioned just now), and as of recently, an Academy Award winner as well. He collaborated with Czech pianist/singer Marketa Irglova to make the most melancholy album i've ever heard, The Swell Season(as mentioned earlier also). Mar too won an Academy Award alongside Glen at the Oscars for best song taken from the movie "Once" in which they co-stared together in. Beating both Enchanted and August Rush.

Anyhow, back to the main subject which is about that vid. I was checking out to what other tunes Damien listens to and i found Fionn Regan. I checked out his page and watched the vid there. I was baffled by it. It's just simply, GENIUS. Hah. Well, here's the vid. Sorry for the long lecture on my fascination towards the whole glen, mar, and frames thing. x]

Fionn Regan - Be Good Or Be Gone


btw, just found out Damien was Irish. -___- no wonder he knows bout The Frames.

No comments: