Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bummer

Well, i once saw this drawing at dA(deviantArt) where there was this messy room filled with all the necessities of a rumah bujang with a sofa in the middle and a guy lying down sleeping on it with half his body on the floor. I told myself, THAT was how i wanted to blog. Since i for one ain't that good with words. Okay, maybe i can twist a few tongues but since i was a child i read Lat's comics and how he autobiographed himself through his drawings, it inspired me to make one myself one day. And after reading this graphic novel i found at a friend's place(it was an American artist, i've always wanted to buy a copy of my own but it cost well over 100 bucks, darn you Izzy), i was more determined then ever.

But heck, when it comes down drawing itself without reference, i just can't pull ot off. Especially since lately i've lost my inspiration and my hand has just lost it. Idk why but it's just that it is. So i went on with simpler designs. Next thing you know, as i was reading Kenny Sia's blog(a very funny blogger), i found about, StickGal. I felt guilty all of the sudden. Especially after i read her April 21st entry. xI

She was there first. So I felt like this big Copyright Hammer hit my back leaving me helpless on the floor with my pants undone. Yes, it was a sight quite unholy. But i still managed to get on my feet with my boxers still intact and a "ehem" mechanical pencil in hand plus my cheap A4 paper sketchbook. I drew a rough sketch that later became this....


I knew if i started doing something like it i'd get eaten by that dog one way or another. But here's to chasing a fragment of my dream. Taking chances. xI

btw, i have a small phobia against stray dogs. they have this liking to chase me. :X

7 comments:

Little Miss Riding Hood, said...

that is a cool sketch, my friend! :)
it really is! you know, i've dadbbled with sketches before, but i cant seem to come up with anything fathomable at all!! :S i have to take up a short art course during college, just for the fun of it!

all the best with ur 'sketchy' pursuits! :)

and, dogs arent that bad! they'er super cute and love to drool! :P except those mongrels/rotweillers! they are scary!

Ari. said...

owh thank you dear. :]
and i'll try my best to work hard on sketching more often. :D

and i like dogs actually, especially the japanese ones that have those tails that curl upwards. those are cute.
but most stray dogs like to chase me everytime they see me. no wait, ALL stray dogs like to chase me. and and, flying cockroaches too! they just somehow target on me specifically! it's scary! xI

Little Miss Riding Hood, said...

in my case, rats seem to have a liking to me..i have no idea why!!!!!! *shudders*

and, i had a BAD experience (traumatic!) last time, which suhd explain it!

Ari. said...

hei, i have a regular rat that comes to my place at night. his name's john. he usually passes me by as i watch tv.
i also have a squirrel named joe that comes during the afternoon. he usually hangs around the kitchen or the dining table.
i also have a whole community of rats,squirrels and other assortments of furballs in my attic. :D

Stickgirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sha Ghaz said...

wait..
u named an anonymous rat?



HAHAHAHAHA ROTFL LMAO LOLLLLLLLL


PS : the sketch is cute! it reminds me of shinchan and the dog reminds me of giant's

Ari. said...

John's quite shy though. Ajak lepak hisap rokok dia lari. :I